1. By registering for and/or attending the Training, participants are bound by and comply with these Terms and Conditions. It is the individual’s responsibility to read and understand these Terms and Conditions.
2. For these Terms and Conditions, the “Training” means the Training as confirmed in the written booking arrangements between the participant and Chapelle;
3. In order to attend the Training, participants must pay or have paid on their behalf the relevant Registration Fee (if applicable) in full immediately upon booking or by the Due Date.
4. The Registration Fee does not include any costs for travel or accommodation unless specified otherwise. The Registration Fee relates solely to attendance at the Training.
5. If an invoice is requested, payment will be required by return but not later than before the Training. If payment is not received within these required time limits, Chapelle reserves the right to cancel the booking without notice. Payment can be by credit card or bank transfer. Please indicate your Booking Reference and surname as a reference on all bank transfers and communications.
6. Chapelle will confirm details of the participant’s place at the Training once the completed booking is received. Confirmation by Chapelle of the place at the Training forms a binding commitment for payment of the full relevant Registration Fee(s) by the individual participant.
7. Places at the Training are limited and are subject to availability.
8. Payments for the Training are non-refundable unless the Training is cancelled, in which case a refund will be made available by Chapelle.
9. The participant’s confirmed booking may be transferred to a colleague following a written request to Chapelle. Chapelle reserves the right to accept or deny a request for such a transfer. No transfer or assignment of a booking other than to a colleague is permitted.
10. Chapelle reserves the right to cancel a participant’s place at any time and for whatever reason (including without limitation cancellation of the Training) on repayment of the Registration Fee, or whatever proportion of the Registration Fee it has received. This repayment shall be in full and final settlement of any claims against Chapelle by the participant relating to his/her place at the Training.
11. By submitting registration details, you agree to allow us to contact you as required for the organisation and administration of the Training.
12. The names, job titles, and organisations of all registered delegates will appear on the training delegates list which will be shared with other delegates and sponsors, as seeing who is attending the Training will facilitate setting up meetings and useful for networking purposes. If you would prefer to be excluded from this list, please email email@example.com at the time of your booking.
13. Other than for the purposes stated in points 11 and 12, we will only contact you - and only pass on your contact details to sponsors - for marketing purposes, provided that you explicitly consent to this by opting in during the registration process.
14. In the event of fire, flood or without limit other causes that Chapelle reasonably believes to be substantial or that are beyond Chapelle’s control, Chapelle reserves the right to change the times, dates and venues of the Training, without incurring any liability to the participant.
15. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Belgium (for the ‘PECB Certified ISO 31 000 Risk Manager’, ‘PECB Certified Operational Risk Manager Foundation’, ‘PECB Certified Operational Risk Manager’, ‘PECB Certified Operational Risk Lead Manager’ and ‘Gestion avancée du Risque Opérationnel dans les institutions financières’ trainings) or England (for the ‘Operational Risk Management Masterclass’, ‘Operational Resilience Masterclass’, ‘Risk Appetite & Key Risk Indicators Masterclass’ and ‘Regulatory Visits Masterclass’), and each party irrevocably agrees to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Belgian courts or English courts, respectively.
16. These Terms and Conditions, together with the registration form, constitute the entire agreement of the parties and may be executed by electronic signature. The participant hereby waives any and all rights to dispute the validity, legality or enforceability of such method of execution as evidence of the existence of legal relations according to this agreement for proceedings issued in respect of their terms. In entering into this agreement, the parties have not relied on and shall have no remedy regarding any statement, representation, warranty, understanding, promise or assurance (whether negligently or innocently made) of any person other than as expressly set out in this agreement. Each participant shall be deemed to have full knowledge of the Terms and Conditions and shall be bound by them in all respects.
17. These Terms and Conditions may not be modified, amended or rescinded, in whole or in part, except by written amendments signed by both parties.
18. To the full extent allowed by law and insofar as it is reasonable to do so, the participant agrees not to hold Chapelle liable for any damage or loss suffered or incurred by them during the course of the Training, including consequential losses (i.e. losses which are not incurred as a direct consequence of the Training leading to any claim) or indirect losses or loss of profit, through registering for the Training, attending the Training, alteration of the Training schedule, cancellation of the Training, or any error or omission on the part of Chapelle. This provision does not reduce or restrict Chapelle’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or fraud.
19. By accepting these Terms and Conditions, the participant warrants that he/she is attending the Training in the course of his or her business and indemnifies Chapelle and its staff and agents against all or any loss or damage, injury, actions, proceedings or claims arising from any act or omission of the individual during the course of the Training.
20. Participants are responsible for taking appropriate insurance cover in connection with their attendance at the Training. Where the individual participant is travelling to attend the Training, appropriate travel insurance should be purchased independently and in advance of any travel or travel bookings.
21. Photographs will be taken at the Training by an official photographer, which may be used in post-Training publicity and future marketing materials. By completing and submitting the Booking Form, the participant consents to:
a) The official photographer taking such photographs, which may feature the participant and/or his/her guests;
b) The use of such pictures as described;
c) And, where applicable, undertakes to ensure that all of his/her guests attending the Training are made aware of the use of the official photographer and consent accordingly to their photograph taken as described;
d) If the participant or any of his/her guests do not want their picture to be taken or used in this way, Chapelle must be notified prior to the Training.
22. The views expressed by any speaker at the Training represent the speaker’s own opinions and cannot be attributed to Chapelle. Chapelle disclaims any liability for views expressed by any speaker at the Training.
23. Chapelle has taken reasonable measures to ensure entertainment provided during the Training is appropriate for the Training but is not liable for the content of any entertainment provided.
24. In the event of inappropriate behaviour by any individual in the view of Chapelle or the Training venue operator, they may be refused entry or asked to leave and excluded from the Training without refund or compensation.
25. The details of the Training shown in any material supplied by Chapelle to the customer are correct at the time of printing. However, the participant shall be responsible for checking with Chapelle that no alterations have been made.
26. These Terms and Conditions were last updated on 12 August 2021.